The start of the WMSHL 2020-21 season, will beGIN on 9/22.
******** Please see update to the Schedule. Tuesday games will be played at 9pm and 10pm and thursday games will be played at 8pm and 9pm ********
Please read the full post as it contains important information regarding the 2020-21 season
Teams and schedule have been posted for the 2020-21 season.
- The league consists of 8 teams this year.
- All teams will play 27 games and will be guaranteed at least 1 playoff game.
- Game will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights
- Each team will play 1 game per week (exception for holiday weeks)
- Games will now start at 9:00pm and 10:00pm on Tuesdays and 8:00pm and 9:00pm on Thursdays and will run for 50 minutes. Running time may be used in the 3rd period
Cost for the current season:
- $500 per player
- $300 per goalie
- $20 per game SUB fee.
Payment can be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Full payment must be made by December 1st, 2020. Players not paid in full by December 1 may be removed from their team. Players not paid in full by December 1st 2020 may also lose their priority/spot for future seasons.
- For cash or check payment, please see Meg Drapeau in the rink lobby on any Tuesday or Thursday night.
- To pay by credit card, you can pay in the Rink office. Players can speak with rink management(Paul or Cilla) to make payment directly through FMC. Be sure to ask that the payment is applied to the WMSHL account.
- Save your receipt.
We are constantly working to keep the league affordable. The average cost per player per game is ~$19. We ask that everyone make full payment by the deadline to ensure that the league can operate and stay current with FMC.
The WMSHL group is responsible for coordinating and managing our group and players. All players must adhere to the posted rules as well as the Massachusetts guidelines for ice hockey.
Please review the guidelines as it will be very important for our group to follow these to keep the season in play and the rink open. Our season may look different this year but our main goal is to get back on the ice and stay on the ice. Players unwilling to adhere to the guidelines will be removed from the league.
FMC – COVID-19 Rink Specifics:
- Player should arrive 30 minutes or less prior to the schedule ice-time
- Masks must be worn when entering/leaving the building
- Locker rooms are open for use.
- Players have 15 minutes to exit the locker rooms after their schedule ice-time
- Showers are not available
- Players must leave the building immediately after their scheduled game.
- Obey posted Social Distancing guidelines
PLAYER & SUB ELIGIBILITY
All players must provide appropriate contact information as requested by FMC and/or WMSHL. Anyone that is not specifically assigned to a team roster or specifically identified on the SUB List can not play in any games. This is non-negotiable and the team and sub list rosters as posted on the WMSHL website will determine eligibility.
In simple terms, If a player is not on the lists, that player cannot play.
Team and Sub List will be maintained throughout the year. As in previous years, Sub rules must be followed
Each player is responsible for getting a sub to replace them when they are unable to make a game. Only subs from the sublist can be used in the league. Each sub on the list has been recommended and approved by the league reps and given an appropriate rating. To maintain parity in the league, players should only use subs that are rated the same or lower than their own rating. Each player and team should police this process to maintain fairness and keep the league fun. Remember all teams make the playoffs.
- Only use subs from the sub list. If a player is not on the list, do not use that player.
- A sub’s rating must be equal or less than the player being replace or you will forfeit the game
- Subs must ay $20 per game and must pay prior to each game.
- Teams requiring long-term sub must consult with league reps. League reps will fill long-term needs.
- Subs for playoffs will be determined prior to playoffs.
Players interested in joining the league and/or added to the sub list can email: GCARP7433@GMAIL.COM.
Please provide the following information:
- Contact Number
- Cell (if different)
- player experience
- Member referral: Name of player in the league that may have referred you