The WMSHL 2022-23 season beGINS on 9/06/2022. All teams will play at least 1 Game week 1.
******** All games will be 50 Minutes and played on the Hour at 8PM, 9pm and 10pm ; Tuesday and thursday ********
Please read the full post as it contains important information regarding the 2022-23 season
Teams and schedule have been posted for the 2022-23 season.
- All teams will play 36 games and will be guaranteed at least 1 playoff game.
- Game will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights
- We reserve the right to cancel games due to inclement weather or covid situations.
- Games will now start at 8:00p, 9:00pm and 10:00pm and will run for 50 minutes. Running time may be used in the 3rd period
Cost for the current season:
- $650 per player
- $350 per goalie
- $20 per game SUB fee.
Payment can be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Full payment must be made by December 1st, 2022. Players not paid in full by December 1 may be removed from their team. Players not paid in full by December 1st 2022 will lose their priority/spot for future seasons.
- For cash or check payment, please see Meg Drapeau in the rink lobby on any Tuesday or Thursday night.
- To pay by credit card, you can pay in the Rink office. Players can speak with rink management(Paul or Cilla) to make payment directly through FMC. Be sure to ask that the payment is applied to the WMSHL account.
- Save your receipt.
We are constantly working to keep the league affordable. The average cost per player per game is ~$18. We ask that everyone make full payment by the deadline to ensure that the league can operate and stay current with FMC.
Team Reps held a draft on June 13 and players have been placed for the 2022-23 season.
- All full time players were re-rated based on a scale from 5-9
- Each team received equal amount of players at each rating
- Ratings were determined from input by team reps and league players
Any player placed on a team that is unable to commit to the season should contact the team Rep as soon as possible.
PLAYER & SUB ELIGIBILITY
All players must provide appropriate contact information as requested by FMC and/or WMSHL. Anyone that is not specifically assigned to a team roster or specifically identified on the SUB List can not play in any games. This is non-negotiable and the team and sub list rosters as posted on the WMSHL website will determine eligibility.
In simple terms, If a player is not on the lists, that player cannot play. Players that ignore the SUB Rule will be removed from the league.
Team and Sub List will be maintained throughout the year. As in previous years, Sub rules must be followed
Each player is responsible for getting a sub to replace them when they are unable to make a game. Only subs from the sublist can be used in the league. Each sub on the list has been recommended and approved by the league reps and given an appropriate rating. To maintain parity in the league, players should only use subs that are rated the same or lower than their own rating. Each player and team should police this process to maintain fairness and keep the league fun. Remember all teams make the playoffs.
The Sub list is updated on a regular basis. Subs that were on the previous list that did not play in 2021-22 have been removed and should resend contact information to get back on the list
- Only use subs from the sub list. If a player is not on the list, do not use that player.
- A sub’s rating must be equal or less than the player being replace or you will forfeit the game
- Subs must pay $20 per game and must pay prior to each game.
- Teams requiring long-term sub must consult with league reps. League reps will fill long-term needs.
- Subs for playoffs will be determined prior to playoffs.
Players interested in joining the league and/or added to the sub list can email: GCARP7433@GMAIL.COM.
Please provide the following information:
- Contact Number – REQUIRED
- player experience
- Member referral: Name of player in the league that may have referred you